Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Penguin Topsy Turvy Cake

Okay! Here's the day we've been waiting on! Well at least the day i've been waiting on! It's the day of the infamous Penguin Party! Woot Woot!


I made the invitations, I made the goodie bags, of course I made the cake! It all made it 100 miles from my driveway and the kids had a blast roller skating... Apparently, the area had been iced in for over a week and everybody in the 50 mile radius decided to bring their kids skating that day. It was a madhouse so I didn't quite get to try out any new photo techniques in the rink, but I did snap a couple of pics of the cake before I left to share.

The cake is a 3 tier, topsy turvy style cake. I covered each tier in homemade marshmallow fondant and airbrushed it in blue. The snow capping each tier is smoothed buttercream. The igloo topper is made from rice krispie treats and fondant. The penguins are also made from fondant. I modeled mine after one of the cakes I saw on the pinkcakebox website - i can only hope to be as good as her one day!






Thanks for looking! PaRTy LiKe a PeNGuiN!

No comments:

Post a Comment