Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The Painting Continues...

This past weekend in the midst of preparing my favorite wedding cake to date, we managed to clean out our front bedroom, otherwise known as "the junk room" and start painting it. For this room and probably the other bedroom and bathrooms, we chose a Laura Ashley shade called Sand 3 I believe. I can't seem to find the swatch now - I'll correct this later if I'm incorrect. The walls are painted and look gorgeous! Just need to finish the trim - I'll get back to work on that after I finish this little blurb and after i get the last cake layer in the oven. (It's another crazy wedding week).

The exciting thing this week is that we ordered wood laminate to put in the front bedroom, hallway, and living room! I'm beyond excited! The carpet in those rooms is horrible & I've been embarrassed for people to come over for quite some time. I found a great deal on discontinued colors at Home Depot. We chose a color called Brazilian Cherry - it looks similar to the color of the cabinets in the kitchen and bathrooms. I can't wait to get it in so I can start taking pictures :)

No comments:

Post a Comment