Tuesday, April 17, 2012

More Hello Kitty Cakes


So apparently Hello Kitty is quite popular... I think it might be my most popular request. My most recent HK cake was so popular it deserved its own post :) That one is probably my all time favorite HK cake, but these are pretty cute too. You can also tell that I've come a LONG way in my decorating abilities. Sometimes it's fun to go back and look at the cakes you thought were so cute at the time, even though now I'm sometimes disgusted in what I'd done before. But - does it really matter as long as the precious little recipients like them?


Simple all fondant decor with buttercream icing underneath 
Another simple round cake covered in fondant - I like the bow on the first one like this better, but i LOVE the name up in the air on this one :o)
My favorite tiered version! Buttercream base with all fondant decor (HK, polka dots, stripes, name & flowers)
The super sweet recipient of the Shamrock Hello Kitty cake below just about brought tears to my eyes. I was having a bad day when I got the sweetest message from her mother. She said that the cake was exactly what she wanted and that it was her favorite part of her party. She wanted balloons, shamrocks & HK on her cake. This story is what makes me love to do these and what made it so hard to decide to stop.

Shamrock Hello Kitty - Buttercream base with fondant accents


Tiered buttercream with fondant accents and Hello Kitty candle

Simple carved shape with buttercream decoration
(Told ya you could see the difference a couple of years can make in your decorating ability! - newest on top obviously!)

No comments:

Post a Comment