Sunday, August 26, 2012

It's Time to Go Back to School!

Well, the summer passed by entirely too quickly and all the little people are returning to school. So, course some of my favorite little people needed some items to take with them back to school!

I used the Big Applique font from 8 Claws and Paw to create a design for Emily's "School Rocks" shirt. I had to decrease the size of the letters a good bit so they'd all fit in one hooping, but it worked wonderfully! Sweet girl wore it to daycare the last day of summer to get everyone excited about going back to school :)


 
 
Next up on the goodie list, Ayden needed his own little backpack for daycare. I got a little camo Cinch Sak from the 31 party I had earlier this summer. I thought it'd be ideal since it's very lightweight and not as bulky as a lot of the bags are these days. It took me awhile to figure out what I wanted to put on it - I didn't want to only put his name on it. I mean he is only 2 - he needs something cutesy right? I finally decided on the Squirrel Alphabet from Planet Applique. I used fleece for the squirrl to give it a little texture. After I'd done the applique, I wanted to add his name somewhere but just didn't want to do the traditional above or below the applique. I decided to make it a little more fun and put it in the squirrel's tail using a font from my machine. It was the perfect subtle touch that just "made" the bag!
 

 


The last of my back to school goodies was for a new friend that was in deperate need for a first day of kindergarten outfit. Apparently she'd ordered one over a month prior online, but a week before school started, they contacted her saying they were unable to complete her request. That just makes me sad that someone would do that to someone! Luckily, I was able to fit her in. I was able to find the same design her sweet Grace picked out online & made her this rockin' dress! Kindergarten Rocks design came from Embroidery Boutique. I used the Itch 2 Stitch's Jelly Bean font to add her name. This was so much fun!





No comments:

Post a Comment