Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Skeleton Wedding

Most people wouldn't think I was very into the "goth" or "steampunk" scenes. The truth is that I often really love some of the designs those that are come up with. Even though i really like them, I haven't found many occassions to make anything for myself. I did make an awesome romantic skull patch for giggles one day and some of the looks I got were quite humorous. I don't care - I like it. I got the design from www.urbanthreads.com - they have THE MOST AWESOME non traditional designs for embroidery & applique out there!

Anyways, back to the point of this post. We received an invitation to go to one of my hubby's friends' wedding & guess what???? The invitation had skulls on it! Oh, how my mind wandered! I was SO excited because this was my chance to do some sort of off the wall gift that would truly be enjoyed by the recipients! I considered several options, but decided on a skeleton bride and groom design with the date of the wedding to be used on a wall hanging. I stitched the design out on linen, stretched it over a canvas, attached a ribbon, and glued on the backing - Voila! I was very pleased with the way this turned out & from what I hear, the recipients enjoyed it as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment