Monday, August 20, 2012

Welcome to Izzy's Beach Bash!

I am so excited that I can finally share pictures of all the goodies I've been making over the past 4 months! I was soooooo happy when I was asked/allowed to help with planning a baby shower for a dear friend. I knew I'd be doing the cake, but I was even happier to be able to contribute to the decorations.

So, with Annette and I both on decorations, it was sure to be a whole lot of fun. Before we even knew the colors or theme of the nursery, we knew we wanted to use girly blue & red together. When we found out the theme and colors of the nursery, we were thrilled that we could incorporate the nursery theme into the theme of the shower!

I know I went a tad bit overboard, but hey, it was an opportunity to learn how to applique onesies & make tutus, sew a straight line with the runners and tablecloths, and try to perfect a new way of doing banners. Plus, Leslie goes overboard with everything she does so she deserved an over the top shower right?

Annette went just as overboard as I did! She painted chairs & signs & all sorts of silver pieces with chalkboard paint. She made hanging decorations with paper plates that were soooooooo cute! She has an awesome collection of pewter serving pieces that added the perfect elegant touch to the super cute shower!

Thanks for looking!
















2 comments:

  1. This shower is adorable. The lantern jellyfish are so clever. I wanted to know where you found/how you made your onesie stands that are black. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Annette did an AWESOME job on the jellyfish! She said they found the stands at Hobby Lobby and a local store, Caffco Floral Outlet. I think I need to grab a couple for myself too!

      Delete