Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Mardi Gras Groom's Cake

This has got to be my absolute favorite groom’s cake I’ve ever done! I love Mardi Gras and all the fun that’s associated with it. When I was asked to do this one, I knew I just had to figure out a way to make it happen!



As with most of my cakes, the majority of this was buttercream icing. I made the masks out of homemade gumpaste following the Nicholas Lodge recipe you can find here. This was my first attempt at making my own gumpaste & I have to say I was extremely impressed with the results. The masks felt almost as smooth as porcelain. I rolled the gumpaste out, cut out the shape freehand & let them dry on a mask form I found at Michael’s. For the silver stripes, I used edible image “paper” and airbrushed it silver, let it dry, and then cut strips with an Xacto knife. For the extra bling here and there, I used Disco Dust. So much FUN!!!!





I was so excited with how this one turned out! Can you tell???

No comments:

Post a Comment