Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Navy Damask Bridal Cakes

I was so excited when I was asked to do Abbie’s wedding cake! She was an absolute dream to work with. She basically let me do what I wanted to which is always the most fun for me! Her colors were navy blue and apple green. In the beginning, she thought she wanted a lot of piping with ribbon around the base, but it evolved into using the most wonderful stenciled damask cake I’ve had the opportunity of creating! I know I said the other one was my favorite, but that was before this even came close to entering my mind!


I combined square, hexagon, and round tiers to put together the shape of this beauty. The sides are stenciled with navy blue royal icing on top of a buttercream iced cake. I used the Elegant Cakes cartridge with my Cricut Cake to make the monogram from navy blue gumpaste. I’d finished the cake the night before the wedding but when I woke up the next morning, I decided to add the swirly piping to the top of each tier. I really think this took the cake from pretty to a little over the top – in a super good way! I hope you enjoy viewing the pictures!




I was also honored to make one of her bridal shower cakes. Again, I was just given the colors and was told to do whatever I wanted! I decided I wanted to use my Cricut Cake for this project. This is similar to the prior Cricut Cake post, but with a few differences, of course. I think if you look at my first attempt and this one, you can see I’ve come a long way. I used navy gumpaste for the damask design & then apple green buttercream for the solid side. I added what seems like my signature scrollwork to the sides because it just needed something to make it pop! The flower is also made of gumpaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment